Artworks - Fashion Figures - Weaved Couture
Tuesday, August 9, 2011♥
9:03 PM


Weaved Couture
Water colour

The idea of weaving struck me one day, and I simly HAD to draw it out. It was slightly different from what I had in mind, but it still turned out well. The chopped bob hair was inspired by Brittani in America's Next Top Model, this is also one of the first time I've used black hair for my fasion figures.

Despite the heaviness and boldness of the colours present in the ruffles at the bottom of the dress, the real focal point of this dress is at the waist, where the straps are weaved together. I like how the red weaves are integrated as a partial sleeve and the intertwined lines make it look modern. However it'd be more effective if the weaving at the waist is more obvious and stands out more.

I infused the weaving theme into the hairpiece as well, by using blonde and auburn hair to weave together with the jet black hair of the model to create an artistic abstract cicular form at the side of her head.

Labels:

0 comments

Comment! (: